Stuffed Pizza Rolls
Stuffed Pizza Rolls are an Italian appetizer or dinner recipe that’s a hit with adults and kids. This recipe is a crowd pleaser! Everyone likes these!
- 1 16 ounce ball of pizza dough
- 8-12 ounces mozzarella cheese diced or grated (diced is the least messy to use when stuffing the rolls)
- Pizza toppings of your choice: ie ham and pineapple, pepperoni slices, sausage, etc.
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- marinara/pizza sauce
- reheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly spray a large baking sheet or two pie pans.
- Unroll pizza onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 12″ X 16″ rectangle. Cut rectangle into 24 squares. Place pepperoni and cheese (or desired toppings) into the center of each square. Gather the sides of each square up and pinch closed to create a ball. Place each ball seam side down in the baking dish.
- In a small ramekin stir melted butter, garlic powder, and Italian seasonings together. Brush tops of rolls with melted butter mixture using a pastry brush. Sprinkle Parmesan on top of rolls to taste.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
Here’s a dish to get you ready for the Super Bowl. These are the perfect finger food for the big game. You can stuff your favorite toppings inside the roll then dip them in warm marinara sauce. You can make your own pizza dough or buy it. Check the bakery section of your grocery store. They often make fresh pizza dough balls and sell it which is sometimes so much easier when you’re short on time.