Lasagna Cupcakes are layers of pasta, pasta sauce, and cheese. It’s portion controlled lasagna! If you want an Italian appetizer or main course, these Lasagna Cupcakes are for you!
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus more for topping)
- Basil for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Brown beef in a skillet and season with salt and pepper. Drain and cool. Mix together with the marinara sauce and set aside.
- Set aside 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese for the top of your cupcakes. In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup ricotta cheese, and the 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Start layering your lasagna cupcakes. Press one wonton wrapper into the bottom of 12 muffin tins. Divide your ricotta mixture in half and evenly spoon a little of the mixture on top of the wontons. Divide your meat mixture in half and spoon it on top of the ricotta.
- Repeat layers (wonton wrapper, ricotta, and meat sauce). Evenly divide the reserved 3/4 mozzarella cheese on top of all of the cupcakes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. To remove, use a knife to loosen the edges, then pop each lasagna cupcake out. Garnish with basil, additional grated Parmesan cheese if desired, and serve.
These Lasagna Cupcakes have all of the classic lasagna elements with layers of meat, three types of cheeses, and pasta. Wonton wrappers are used as the pasta element in this lasagna, eliminating the nightmare and logistics of trying to make pasta noodles cupcake sized.