Blue Cheese Potato Salad
Blue Cheese Potato Salad is a savory potato salad side dish with a tangy sauce and salty bacon with blue cheese crumbles. Great for potlucks and BBQs!
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 pounds red new potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red or white vinegar
- 1 bunch green onions chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 1-2 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing optional
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Cook longer if potatoes are bigger. Drain and cool potatoes. Dice potatoes, leaving the skins on.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, green onions, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes, bacon and cheese and toss to coat. It's great served warm, room temperature, or chilled. Best served the same day. Makes 5 Servings. *Note: You may want to toss in the bacon right before serving so that it doesn't get mushy.
Note: if you use dressing it's no longer an egg-free potato salad.