Buffalo Chicken Chili
Buffalo Chicken Chili is so easy and has only a few basic ingredients in this slow cooker dinner. Creamy and spicy all in one! This chicken chili is full of flavor but mild enough that the whole family can eat it.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 14.5 oz can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ – ½ cup buffalo wing sauce start with ¼ cup and add more at end if needed
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles optional
- celery slices optional
- Combine the chicken, beans, tomatoes with their juice, broth, 1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and stir into the slow cooker. Remove the chicken to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Return chicken to the slow cooker.
- When the cream cheese is melted ladle into bowls and serve. Top with blue cheese crumbles, cheddar cheese, or tortilla chips, and serve with celery sticks if desired.
Buffalo sauce and hot sauce are not the same. Hot sauce is more intense. Buffalo sauce is a mix of ingredients.