Meatball Sliders are tossed in a little marinara sauce, topped with cheese, and toasted to perfection in the oven. Always a crowd pleasing appetizer!
- 24 frozen meatballs thawed
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces sliced provolone or mozzarella
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 24 dinner rolls or 8 hot dog buns cut in thirds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9X13 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Warm the meatballs in the marinara sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Separate the dinner rolls or hot dog buns and place one saucy meatball on the bottom roll. Top with mozzarella or provolone. Place the top roll on and push down slightly. Place meatball slider in the pan and continue to assemble the rest of the sliders.
- Microwave butter in a bowl in the microwave until melted. Add garlic powder and Italian seasonings and mix well. Brush tops of buns with melted butter mixture.
- Cover rolls with foil and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Take foil off and cook for 2-3 minutes more if you want the tops toasty.
I was looking for a way to use some meatballs I had left over from my BBQ Grape Meatballs and thought these Meatball Sliders would be perfect Super Bowl food.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings