Keto-Friendly Coconut Shrimp Soup Recipe
This Keto-friendly coconut shrimp soup is a delicious and easy-to-make meal. Packed with protein and plenty of flavor, it’ll keep you satisfied for hours. It’s perfect for a quick and tasty lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail-off
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 can (14-ounce) coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onion is softened.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce and grated ginger and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 5-7 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve hot.
What other keto-friendly soup recipes are there?
1. Keto Taco Soup
2. Low-Carb Cauliflower Mushroom Soup
3. Broccoli and Cheese Soup
4. Keto Chicken and Bacon Soup
5. Keto Potato Leek Soup
6. Creamy Asparagus Soup
7. Keto Garlic Cheese Soup
8. Keto Broccoli and Cheese Soup
9. Spicy Sausage and Spinach Soup
10. Keto Corn Chowder
What kind of ingredients are typically used in keto-friendly soup recipes?
Keto-friendly soup recipes typically include low-carb vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, celery, zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms, and spinach. High-fiber, zero-carb alternatives such as kale, cabbage, and collard greens can also be used. Protein sources such as chicken, turkey, beef or fish can also be added, as well as eggs and cultured dairy like Greek yogurt and crème fraîche. Low-carbohydrate herbs and spices like cumin, turmeric, basil, oregano, rosemary, garlic, and onions can add lots of flavor to your soup. To finish, add healthy fats like coconut oil, grass-fed butter, ghee, and extra-virgin olive oil for an extra burst of flavor.