Photo By: Unsplash, Source, CC
Tasty Keto-Friendly Grilled Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce
- 2 salmon filets, 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat.
- Brush each filet liberally with olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place the filets on the preheated grill and cook for 5 minutes per side, or longer depending on desired doneness.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the lemon juice and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Remove the salmon from the grill and stir in the parsley and lemon butter sauce.
- Serve the salmon with the remaining lemon butter sauce.
What is the keto diet?
The keto diet, also known as the ketogenic diet, is a low-carb, high-fat diet. This diet was designed to put a person’s body into a state of ketosis – which is when the body uses fat instead of carbs as its main energy source. The foods allowed on the keto diet include all kinds of healthy fats, proteins, and leafy greens. Lower-carb foods like nuts, avocados, and certain dairy products are also allowed. By strictly limiting the number of carbs you eat, your body will switch to burning fat for energy, instead of carbs. This can lead to some people experiencing weight loss, improved energy levels, and even improved blood sugar control.
How many carbs can you have on a keto diet?
The amount of carbs you can have on a keto diet will depend on your individual needs, as everyone is different. Generally, a very low-carb keto diet would limit carbs to 50-75 grams per day, or less. This amount of carbs could be in the form of vegetables, nuts, and other low-carb foods. A moderate-carb keto diet would allow up to 100 grams of carbs per day, while a higher-carb keto diet would include up to 150 grams of carbs. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to the keto diet, and it’s important to talk to your doctor or nutritionist before making any changes to your diet.