If you’re following a keto diet and craving a flavorful and satisfying dish, look no further than savory cauliflower fried rice. This low-carb alternative to traditional fried rice is packed with delicious flavors and is perfect for those looking to reduce their carb intake.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preparing the cauliflower. Remove the leaves and cut the florets into small rice-like pieces using a food processor or a grater.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté until they turn translucent and fragrant.
- Add the diced carrot and peas to the skillet, and cook for a few minutes until they become slightly tender.
- Push all the vegetables to one side of the skillet, creating a space in the center.
- Crack the eggs into the center and scramble them until fully cooked.
- Add the cauliflower rice, soy sauce, and sesame oil to the skillet. Stir everything together until the cauliflower is cooked but still slightly crisp, around 5-7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, garnish the dish with chopped green onions before serving.
Savory cauliflower fried rice is a delightful keto-friendly dish that will leave you feeling satisfied without the guilt. By swapping rice for cauliflower, you can enjoy all the delicious flavors of fried rice while keeping your carb intake low. This recipe is not only easy to make but also packed with healthy vegetables, making it a perfect option for those following a keto lifestyle. Give it a try and enjoy a tasty and satisfying meal!