RAINBOW PASTA SALAD
This pasta salad is light and refreshing with all of the colors of the rainbow (well except blue).
The salad is tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette which makes it easy to store and to take to potlucks.
- ORZO – Any short pasta will work here but I like orzo because it doesn’t overpower the dish.
- CORN – I like to grill my corn or char it on a gas stove for a few minutes to give it extra flavor
- CUCUMBER – I like to use a hothouse cucumber because you can leave the skin on for extra color.
- BELL PEPPERS – Use any color you like.
- TOMATOES – These always add a pop of freshness.
- JALAPENO – A little jalapeno can add some kick. Feel free to leave it out.
- RED ONION – Add some tang and color.
- PARSLEY – Adds freshness.
- LEMON – A citrus pop of freshness.
- OLIVE OIL – makes for a light dressing.
This is a great recipe when you want to keep things on the light side.