CHICKEN PARMESAN STUFFED SHELLS
I have so many ideas for recipes that I can’t wait to share with you. If writing a cookbook taught me anything it was to take my idea and roll with it. I was surprised that my ideas not only worked out but were super tasty.
I already had a recipe in the Chicken Parmesan family in my cookbook when I thought of this recipe so I’m happy to say that I can share it here.
GROUND CHICKEN VS CHICKEN BREAST
You can use either ground chicken or chicken breasts cut up for this recipe. I feel like ground chicken blends more with the ricotta filling but if you cut the chicken breasts small enough it works too.
MAKE YOUR OWN GROUND CHICKEN
If I can’t make it to the grocery store and need ground chicken, I make my own. Simply use a food processor to grind up a chicken breast. Works great!
OTHER CHICKEN PARMESAN RECIPES:
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken or boneless chicken breasts cut into small pieces (about 1-inch)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- (optional) chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil and boil pasta shells al dente according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the chicken. Season with salt and the Italian seasonings. Cook chicken 5-6 minutes or untll chicken is no longer pink. Let mixture cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooled chicken, ricotta, 1 cup of the Mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, and salt.
- Pour 2 cups of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of filling into each pasta shell and place filling side up.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce on top of the shells and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Panko breadcrumbs on top of the cheese.
- Cover with nonstick foil or spray the bottom side of the foil with cooking spray and cover. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 5-10 minutes or until Panko crumbs are brown.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.