ANTIPASTO SALAD RECIPE
Whenever we go to a potluck and are asked to bring a side dish I always bring something that could easily double as an entree just to make sure we all walk away full. My husband is living the Keto lifestyle and so I try to bring something Keto-friendly that he can fill up on like this salad.
Think of your favorite Italian sandwich in salad form and this is it!
WHAT IS ANTIPASTO?
Antipasto is often the first course of a formal Italian meal. Typical ingredients of a traditional antipasto include cured meats, olives, pepperoncini, artichoke hearts, various cheeses, pickled meats, and vegetables in oil or vinegar.
- Use cubed mozzarella instead of provolone.
- Use mini pepperoni.
- Add some roasted red peppers.
- Any tomato will work here I just like the texture of grape or cherry tomatoes.
FEEDING A CROWD?
If you’re feeding a crowd and need to bulk up this salad, add some cooked and cooled pasta and toss with all of the ingredients.
WHAT DRESSING DO I USE?
To be honest, there are a lot of really good Italian dressings out there and most of them are low-carb. I like the Olive Garden copycat dressing (sold in the dressing aisle and Costco) and Marie’s Parmesan Italian dressing. If you want to make your own you can too!
OTHER SALAD RECIPES:
Yield: 8 servings
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, diced
- 4 ounces marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup olives (about 3 ounces)
- 2 ounces salami, diced
- 2 ounces pepperoni, quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncinis
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (more to taste)
In a large shallow salad bowl, add the romaine and layer all the other ingredients. Toss together with your favorite Italian dressing and enjoy.
All recipes are approximate.
To be honest, there are a lot of really good Italian dressings out there. I like the Olive Garden copycat dressing (sold in the dressing aisle and Costco) and Marie’s Parmesan Italian dressing. Use your favorite Italian dressing.