Creamy Keto Alfredo with Shrimp
Keto Alfredo with Shrimp is a flavorful, low-carb dish that is sure to please! By replacing traditional flour-based ingredients with almond flour, this creamy recipe still provides a classic Alfredo flavor while keeping carbs low. The addition of shrimp makes it a protein-packed meal that will leave you feeling satisfied.
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbs. butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs. freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened.
- Stir in the almond flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add the chicken broth, stirring constantly, until it is all incorporated. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the cream, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and thyme leaves and stir until everything is combined.
- Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve immediately, over zucchini noodles or cooked quinoa.
What types of cheese can be used in a Keto Alfredo recipe?
Some Keto-friendly cheeses that can be used in a Keto Alfredo recipe include Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, and Cheddar cheese.
What other ingredients are needed to make a Keto Alfredo recipe?
-Extra virgin olive oil
-Salt and pepper , to taste
What are the carbs in Keto Alfredo sauce?
Keto Alfredo sauce typically does not contain any carbohydrates. However, some recipes may contain low-carb ingredients such as heavy cream, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and butter, which contain small amounts of carbs. Different recipes may vary, so be sure to check the nutritional label or consult the particular recipe to determine the precise carb content.