Photo By: Unsplash, Source, CC
Keto-Friendly Spinach Frittata – A Delicious and Easy Low-Carb Breakfast
Keto-friendly recipes don’t have to be intimidating! This delicious and nutritious Spinach Frittata will be a hit at any breakfast gathering and it’s low-carb and keto-friendly.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, garlic, spinach, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix until combined.
- Grease a 9-inch ovenproof skillet and pour in the egg mixture. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, or until the eggs begin to set.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
This Spinach Frittata is the perfect keto-friendly breakfast dish. It packs in plenty of protein, healthy fats, and fiber to keep you full and energized all morning. Enjoy!
What other vegetables can be used instead of spinach for a low-carb frittata?
Other low-carb vegetables that can be used instead of spinach for a frittata include: asparagus, bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, and brussels sprouts.
What are other low-carb vegetables that can be used in place of spinach?
7. Bell peppers
8. Brussels sprouts
What are some good eggplant substitutes for people watching their carb intake?
1. Portobello mushrooms
4. Summer squash
5. Roasted red peppers
6. Eggplant-less Eggplant Parm
7. Fried green tomatoes
9. Celeriac root
What are some low-carb eggplant options?
1. Eggplant Fritters: Sauté chopped eggplant in butter or olive oil, and then mix with beaten eggs and herbs like oregano and parsley. Roll the mixture into small balls, coat with almond or coconut flour, and shallow fry until crispy.
2. Eggplant Lasagna: Instead of layering lasagna noodles, layer thin slices of cooked eggplant. Add your favorite lasagna ingredients, like cheese, marinara sauce, and herbs, and bake until bubbly and brown.
3. Eggplant Pizza: Slice an eggplant lengthwise, spoon on your favorite pizza sauce, top with mozzarella cheese and desired toppings, and bake until the cheese is melted.
4. Baked Eggplant Fries: Slice an eggplant into fry-shaped pieces, coat lightly in olive oil and spices, and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
5. Eggplant Parmesan: Slice an eggplant into rounds, dip each round in beaten egg, and then dredge in a mixture of almond flour and grated Parmesan cheese. Fry in olive oil until golden brown and crispy, and top with marinara sauce and additional Parmesan cheese.