Keto-Friendly Spicy Chicken Bowls – Perfect for Low-Carb Meal Prep
Quick, Easy, and Delicious
Keto-friendly spicy chicken bowls are the perfect meal-prep option for those following a low-carb diet. Full of flavor and nutrients, these bowls are sure to satisfy your cravings while also keeping you on track. Plus, with the help of a slow cooker, these bowls come together easily and quickly. Here’s what you need to make these delicious bowls:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 cups cooked white quinoa or brown rice
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 avocados, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and season with spices (chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper). Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from the slow cooker and shred with two forks or in a stand mixer. Alternatively, you can also dice the chicken.
- Mix the cooked shredded or diced chicken with cooked quinoa or brown rice, tomatoes, black beans, cilantro, lime juice and avocado in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the mixture evenly into four meal-prep bowls. Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Serve cold or reheat the bowls before diving.
These easy and flavorful Keto-friendly spicy chicken bowls are perfect for meal-prepping. The chicken is tender and juicy, the tomatoes and black beans add a burst of freshness, and the avocados give the dish a creamy texture to balance out all the flavors. Enjoy as-is or top with your favorite yogurt or cheese. Enjoy!