Crockpot Breakfast Casserole made with hash browns, eggs, cheese, green chiles, onion, and your choice of sausage, bacon, or ham. Great for company. You can throw it in the night before and wake up to breakfast.
SLOW COOKER BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
We all know that I’m not a morning person so I need something that can be made late at night and ready to eat in the morning. This fits the bill perfectly. Great for company because whenever they wake up it’s just chilling in the kitchen ready to be eaten.
- HASH BROWNS – You can use frozen hash browns or fresh. I like to use shredded because I feel like they cook more evenly.
- SAUSAGE, BACON, OR DICED HAM – I like to use ground sausage or ham over bacon because bacon can get soft as it cooks.
- ONIONS – I like to use a diced onion and you can even use frozen onions since they’re going to be cooking in the crockpot for so long.
- GREEN CHILES – These give the casserole a little kick.
- CHEDDAR CHEESE – It’s not a good breakfast casserole without come cheese.
- MILK – This makes it light and fluffy.
- DRY MUSTARD – This gives it a little flavor.
- SALT AND PEPPER
Place your hash browns, onion, and green chiles in a bowl.
I like to use ground sausage or ham over bacon because bacon can get soft as it cooks.
Stir it all together well.
Layer in the slow cooker with cheese in between each layer.
Make sure you whisk together the egg mixture really well.
Pour it over the top and let it soak in.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours just until the eggs are set.
This is what it looks like when it’s done.
Serve plain or with salsa or sour cream.
Yield: 10 servings
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole made with hash browns, eggs, cheese, onion, and your choice of sausage, bacon, or ham. Great for company. You can throw it in the night before and wake up to breakfast.
bag frozen or fresh shredded hash browns
(if frozen slightly thaw in the microwave)
cooked ground sausage, ham, or bacon
diced white onion
can diced green chiles
shredded cheddar cheese
In a large bowl, mix the hash browns, meat, onions, and chiles.
In a 6 to 8 quart slow cooker, layer 1/3 of the hash brown mixture. Layer with one cup of cheese on top. Repeat two more times ending with cheese.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour on top of the hash browns.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours until eggs are set. Serve with salsa and sour cream if desired.