May 14, 2021
BROCCOLI GRAPE PASTA SALAD
The number one item people are asked to bring to a potluck or BBQ is a side. Usually my go-to is this Broccoli Salad, but this might be might new favorite. Pasta makes this a little heartier and definitely feeds a crowd. The mix of sweet and savory in this dish makes the flavor pop!
- Pasta – any shape of pasta can be used here. A short pasta works best though.
- Broccoli – you could replace this with diced cucumber for a different kind of crunch.
- Red Seedless Grapes – you can use green grapes here too.
- Bacon – great for a salty crunch.
- Pecans – toasted to bring out the flavor. You could also use sliced almonds here.
- Red onion – I love onion but if you want a milder onion flavor use sliced green onions.
CAN THIS BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes. In fact it’s best chilled for a few hours. Stir in the pecans and bacon right before serving to keep them crunchy.
OTHER PASTA SALAD RECIPES:
Yield: 10 servings
Broccoli Grape Pasta Salad
Broccoli Grape Pasta Salad – a creamy pasta salad that is always a hit at potlucks! This salad is filled with broccoli, grapes, bacon, pecans, and red onion all in a sweet creamy dressing.
chopped pecans, toasted
farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
(about 2 cups dry pasta)
(about 4 cups)
diced red onion
red wine vinegar
seedless red grapes
cooked and crumbled
In a skillet, heat pecans over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes or until pecans are fragrant. Let cool.
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain.
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sugar, red wine vinegar, and salt. Add the broccoli, pasta, and grapes. Stir well to coat. Cover and chill for 3 hours. Right before serving stir in pecans and bacon.