This Tater Taco Casserole is a Mexican mixture of taco meat, beans, corn, and cheese topped with tater tots and enchilada sauce. The family will love this tater tot casserole (some people call it a hot dish) recipe with a spicy kick! This Tater Taco Casserole is a twist on the classic dinner.
TACO TATER TOT CASSEROLE
This Tater Taco Casserole is a dish that the whole family will love. I’ve made quite a few failed dinner attempts lately so redemption was in order.
Start by browning some beef, onion, and garlic. Next, we add a whole bunch of flavor so hold on to your shorts.
Add some green chiles, Old El Paso taco seasoning, black beans, corn, and cheese. So easy!
Pour this into your prepared baking dish and top with tater tots.
Drizzle some enchilada sauce on top to give those tater tots an extra kick.Bake the casserole until the tater tots are nice and crispy. If you like your tots extra crispy you can even bake them before placing them on top.
Since this is Tater Taco Casserole we need all our taco fixings: olives, sour cream, tomatoes, and cilantro.
OTHER MEXICAN RECIPES
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (4 oz) can Old El Paso diced green chiles
- 1 (1 oz) package Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 oz) package frozen corn
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (28 oz) package frozen tater tots
- 1 (10 oz) can Old El Paso red enchilada sauce
- Toppings: olives, cilantro, sour cream, tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. For extra crispy tater tots, bake tater tots for about 10 minutes while preparing the beef mixture – otherwise prepare as follows.
- In a large skillet, brown the beef and the onion. Add the garlic towards the end of the browning process and cook for 1 minute. Drain.
- Add the green chiles, taco seasoning mix, black beans, corn, and 2 cups of the cheese. Stir together to combine. If your skillet isn’t big enough you may need to stir it together in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into the prepared 9×13 pan. Arrange tater tots on top of the mixture in a single layer.
- Pour the enchilada sauce on top of the casserole as evenly as you can.
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until tater tots are nice and crispy. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top and place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with olives, cilantro, sour cream, tomatoes when serving if desired.
For extra crispy tater tots, bake tater tots for about 10 minutes while preparing the beef mixture.
Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:
Unsaturated Fat: 0g