One-Pot Sausage Broccoli Pasta is an easy Italian weeknight dinner that comes together in less than 30 minutes. Creamy pasta, spicy sausage, and tender broccoli all in a one-pot dish, this One-Pot dinner is amazing.
ONE-POT SAUSAGE BROCCOLI PASTA
Every night around dinner time this One-Pan Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice starts going wild. I get it.
We’re all just trying to feed our kids something semi-healthy, preferably with a green vegetable (broccoli) in it but we don’t want to do dishes and we don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking.
We all love this easy dinner. Simple ingredients with a lot of flavor. We even use turkey sausage sometimes and don’t even miss regular sausage at all.
Plus, it helps me use up my Costco sized broccoli floret bag which I bought to make this Panera Broccoli and Cheddar Soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced, (about 3/4 cup)
- 8 ounces spicy pork or turkey sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups medium pasta shells (or any other small shape pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese , (more for topping)
- In a pot or large saucepan with high sides, add the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sautee for a couple of minutes. Add the sausage. Brown and crumble the sausage. Add the garlic for the last 30 seconds of cooking.
- Pour in the chicken broth, cream, rosemary, pasta, and broccoli (see note). Bring to a boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until sauce thickens (mine thickens around 12 minutes).
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and add salt if needed. Serve immediately with additional grated Parmesan cheese on top.
If you like your broccoli a little more firm add the broccoli halfway during cooking. We like ours on the tender side.
Source: The Girl Who Ate Everything
Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:
Unsaturated Fat: 0g