One-Pan Chicken Tortilla Bake is a spicy Mexican dinner with only 7 ingredients. Layers of tortilla, chicken, black beans, and corn with lots of cheese in between in this meal!
ONE-PAN CHICKEN TORTILLA BAKE
What? You’re surprised I’m back with another one-pan meal? Let’s just accept that these are all I’m going to make from now on. I’m way too busy to do dishes these days.
This Chicken Tortilla Bake is spicy. I usually try to make everything on here pretty mild so the kids can eat it but this one you might not want the littles to eat. My bigger kids didn’t mind it at all.
I used soft flour tortillas. They’re great for layering in this dish.
The sauce in this dish is salsa verde or green salsa. It’s basically a quick way to get a lot of flavor in with just one sauce.
Roasted peppers, onion, garlic,…it’s all in there. Even the mild versions have kick. If you really want to make it for your little ones just sub green enchilada sauce for the green salsa.
I added some grilled corn and black beans for some extra flavor.
OTHER ONE-PAN RECIPES
- 10 (6-inch) Old El Paso soft taco flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn (fresh, grilled, frozen, or canned)
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10-12 inch oven-proof skillet or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer 5 tortillas on the bottom overlapping to cover the bottom.
- Layer half of the chicken, salsa verde, black beans, corn, and cheese. Repeat the layers. Make sure the salsa verde is covering all of the tortillas.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with green onions and desired toppings (sour cream is a must). Slice into triangles and serve.
Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:
Unsaturated Fat: 0g