Photo By: Flickr, Source, CC
Low-Carb Salmon Baked with Avocado and Parmesan
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil, or line with parchment paper.
- Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet and season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Top each fillet with a few slices of avocado and a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through and the cheese is melted and golden.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired, and serve.
What are the health benefits of eating low-carb salmon?
1. Promotes Heart Health: Low-carb salmon is an excellent source of healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids. These polyunsaturated fats can help reduce bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
2. Promotes Healthy Weight Loss: Salmon is a low-calorie, low-carb food that can help you reach your weight-loss goals without feeling deprived.
3. Boosts Immunity: The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon can help boost your immune system and protect your cells from oxidative damage.
4. Improves Eye Health: The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon can help reduce your risk of age-related macular degeneration, cataracts, and dry eyes.
5. Reduces Inflammation: The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon can help reduce inflammation throughout your body, including your joints. This can help reduce the pain and stiffness associated with arthritis.
What are the nutritional benefits of eating low-carb salmon?
Low carb salmon is a great source of many essential vitamins and minerals. It is high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for heart health, brain health, and vision. It also contains a high amount of vitamin B12 and selenium, which help protect against cell damage and support metabolism. Additionally, low-carb salmon is a great source of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. These minerals are important for healthy bones, teeth, and muscles.