Keto Friendly Mac and Cheese: A Low Carb Comfort Classic
This creamy and cheesy dish is a low carb comfort food classic. Once considered an off-limits food on the Keto diet, Keto friendly mac and cheese is now a delicious and nutritious hit. It’s loaded with essential fats and other important nutrients that can help your body achieve its optimal keto state. Here’s what you need to know about making your own Keto mac and cheese.
- 1 cup of macadamia nuts
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 8 ounces of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces of parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons of ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a blender, blend the macadamia nuts and almond milk until smooth and creamy. Pour the mixture into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Add the butter, garlic, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, ground mustard, and Italian seasoning to the saucepan and stir to combine. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thick.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Transfer the cheese sauce to a serving bowl. Serve over cooked macaroni noodles and enjoy!
This Keto friendly mac and cheese is packed with essential fats and other important nutrients. It is high in fat, but low in net carbs, thanks to the macadamia nuts and almond milk. One serving provides:
- 280 Calories
- 20 g Fat
- 10 g Carbs
- 2 g Fiber
- 8 g Protein
Keto friendly mac and cheese is a deliciously indulgent yet nutritious treat. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make a low carb version of this classic comfort food that your whole family is sure to love.