Ham and Cheese Sliders are simple and crowd pleasing sandwiches great for dinner, lunch, or potlucks. Ham and melted Swiss cheese topped with a poppy seed butter sauce. For these Ham and Cheese Sliders you can use Hawaiian sweet rolls or any rolls you like.
HAM AND CHEESE SLIDERS
I know what you are thinking…ham and cheese sliders; does that really require a recipe? The answer is YES it does.
These have so much flavor. Sure you have your classic ham and cheese sandwich as the base of the recipe but then you top it with a flavorful poppy seed sauce.
The sauce is a combo of Worcestershire sauce, onion, mustard, and butter that makes these anything but ordinary.
These can be made ahead for a party and are kid friendly because they are small and familiar.
My son hates mustard but couldn’t taste the little bit of mustard in the sauce.
I don’t know about you but sometimes I just want to cook something that I know my kids will eat without complaining about it.
This definitely would qualify for a “No Cooking” Friday meal because it’s so easy.
I made these right after Easter and used my leftover ham…sorry I didn’t post it sooner so you could use your leftover ham too because I know we are all looking for ham recipes!
WHAT KIND OF BREAD SHOULD I USE?
The most popular bread to use for these are Kings Hawaiian sweet rolls. These rolls are a bit smaller than regular rolls so you may need less ingredients or you can simply make more sandwiches.
Other brands of sliders are a bit bigger.
DO I HAVE TO USE POPPY SEEDS?
These are great as an appetizer or make it a meal. You can definitely make these Ham and Cheese Sliders with or without poppy seeds because sometimes they can scare little kids.
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEESE?
Yes. You can use any cheese you have on hand like cheddar, Colby Jack, Havarti, or Provolone. Swiss cheese has a nice pairing with ham though.
OTHER HAM RECIPES:
- 24 white dinner rolls
- 24 pieces honey ham
- 24 small slices Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup miracle whip
Poppy seed sauce:
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and miracle whip. Spread onto both sides of the center of each roll. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss inside of each roll. Close rolls and place them into a large baking dish or heavy cookie sheet. Place very close together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over all of the sandwiches. You do not have to use all of the sauce! Just use enough to cover the tops. Let sit 10 minutes or until butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy. Serve warm. Note: Sandwiches can be assembled ahead of time. I don’t like to do it more than a day ahead because they can get soggy from the mayo mixture.
Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:
Unsaturated Fat: 0g