Crispy Keto Fried Chicken: An Incredibly Delicious Low-Carb Meal Idea
Fried chicken is one of the most popular and delicious meals around. But traditionally, it is high in carbs and not the ideal option for those following a low-carb lifestyle. But with a few simple tweaks, it’s possible to make a delicious keto fried chicken recipe that is both delicious and low in carbs.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this tasty fried chicken:
- 3 lb’s boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, black pepper, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and water.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the egg mixture then coat in the almond flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces to the skillet and fry for about 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
This crispy keto fried chicken is an incredibly delicious and easy low-carb meal idea. It’s sure to be a hit with the entire family and is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Give it a try and enjoy!
What type of ingredients are used to make crispy keto fried chicken?
To make crispy keto fried chicken, you will need the following ingredients:
-1/2 cup almond flour
-1 teaspoon paprika
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon oregano
-1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
-1 teaspoon sea salt
-1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
-1/3 cup water
-1 large egg
-4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs
-Avocado oil for frying
What type of oil is best for making crispy keto fried chicken?
The best oil for making crispy keto fried chicken is either vegetable oil or extra-light olive oil. Both of these have a high smoke-point and will have minimal impact on flavor.