Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups are a great Mexican appetizer recipe for parties! Easy to make ahead and easy to serve. These are filled with cream cheese, chicken, tomatoes, onions, and cheese.
CHICKEN ENCHILADA ROLL-UPS
There are just a few more days until the kids go back to school and I think we’re both ready for it.
They could eat the same thing every day but I’ve been brainstorming ways to keep their lunches more interesting.
These Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups passed the taste test and will most likely appear in their lunches next week (I froze some for later).
What I love about these is that they can totally be made ahead of time and they are great for parties because you can make a ton in about 15 minutes.
Start by flavoring your cream cheese with some Old El Paso taco seasoning.
Add a can ofdiced tomatoes and green chilies, some cilantro, chicken, cheese, and green onions.
Spread the mixture on a tortilla making sure to get to the very edges and roll it up tight.
At this point you can slice them up and serve or chill them until ready to serve and then slice them up.
OTHER ENCHILADA RECIPES
Common Questions about these Chicken Enchilada Roll Ups:
- Can I freeze them? Yes. These freeze great!
- Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of canned tomatoes? Yes. Pico de Gallo would be great.
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded chicken, (rotisserie chicken works well)
- 1 (10-oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, well drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 burrito sized tortillas
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients (except tortillas) until well blended.
- Spread about ½ cup of the mixture over the entire surface of a tortilla. Roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes. Also, if you chill longer they will be easier to cut.
- Slice into 1/2 inch slices with a serrated knife to prevent crushing and serve.
Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 61Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g