Buckeye Brownies are a rich brownie topped with a peanut butter truffle layer for the ultimate indulgence. If you’re looking for the ultimate dessert recipe, these Buckeye Brownies are in my all-time favorite category.
I went to the gym and ran my little heart out…then I came home and made these Buckeye Brownies. So I guess I’ll just call it even…if I’m lucky.
Whenever I’m on the treadmill I think if I could just keep myself from eating everything I wouldn’t have to run so hard. Uggh. My life struggle.
I remember seeing John’s shocked face when he realized they ALL were gone. He must have underestimated my love for chocolate when he married me.
Too bad I don’t have the metabolism now that I did back then.
After dinner tonight I went to the fridge to taste them for a second time and all that was left was a plate with crumbs on it so it must have been a hit with the whole family.
OTHER BROWNIE RECIPES:
- 1 box, (1 lb 6.5 oz Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix)
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan. I do this all the time when I make brownies and bars)
- In medium bowl, make brownie mix according to the package directions. Spread in pan. Bake according to package directions. Cool completely, about 1 hour. You can speed this up by cooling in the refrigerator.
- In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave topping ingredients uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes; spread over filling. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. For brownies, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator. (I take it out or the fridge about 15 minutes before serving. This allows the chocolate on top to soften a little)
Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving:
Unsaturated Fat: 0g