This Blueberry Croissant Puff is a delicious overnight blueberry breakfast dish that everyone will love. This is one of the most popular recipes on this blog. It is made from buttery croissants, fruit, and a cream cheese milk mixture that is baked until golden brown.
BLUEBERRY CROISSANT PUFF
I just have a hard time making time and room for every food in my life. It’s a tough problem.
But just in case you do in fact have something against blueberries, any fruit would be fabulous in this.
How can you go wrong with cut up buttery croissants, fruit, and a cream cheese milk mixture that is baked until golden brown.
The cream cheese is not overpowering at all and this would be perfect for breakfast or even dessert. This could be easily doubled and put in a 9X13 pan.
HOW TO MAKE THIS BREAKFAST RECIPE
Place the croissants in a dish and top with the blueberries. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
The mixture may seem wet but it soaks into all the layers of the croissants.
You can soak the mixture for as little as twenty minutes or as long as overnight.
WHEN ARE BLUEBERRIES IN SEASON?
Blueberries are at their peak from June to late August. For this recipe, you can use frozen blueberries just as easily!
CAN I DOUBLE THIS?
Yes, you could definitely double this in a 9×13 baking dish.
OTHER BLUEBERRY RECIPES:
- 3-4 large croissants, cut up (about 5 to 5 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- (optional) powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place croissant pieces in a 9 inch square pan or deep dish pie plate. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Add the eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes or soak overnight.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. Check the dish halfway through baking…you may want to cover it with foil for the last 10 minutes if the tops are getting too browned.
- Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Variation: Instead of baking in a square pan bake individually. Place croissant pieces evenly in 10 (1/2-cup) ramekins; sprinkle with blueberries and pour cream cheese mixture evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until set in center and golden brown.
This can easily be doubled in a 9X13 pan.
Source: slightly adapted from Kraft
Serving Size: 1/10 of the recipe
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 174Total Fat: 12.8gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 9.8gFiber: .7g